Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Orissa, the only technical university of the State Government was established in 2002 through the enactment BPUT Act, 2002. All technical and professional education like B.E/ B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech, MBA, MCA, B.Pharm/ M.Pharm etc. are regulated as per rules of Board of Studies and Academic Council’s decision of the University. At present, the University has 110 colleges, both constituent and affiliated, offering the aforesaid courses, BPUT is so far known for its non-negotiable academic calendar and has been earning high reputation in the Country for its substantial quality in education, for which all the colleges under BPUT are being able to attract good quality students not only from the neighbouring states but also from across the country.
The disciplines include engineering and architecture, business management and hotel management, computer studies and pharmacy. The main aim of the university is to facilitate making the places of teaching intellectually stimulating and emotionally pleasurable for the students and faculty, to ensure proficiency in students in their domain of study as well as in soft skills and to establish world class centres in higher studies and research.
Objectives of Biju Patnaik University of Technology –
- Providing the affiliated and constituent institutions with state-of art curricula and syllabi
- Preparing world class course material packages for students of the university
- Establishing a rational, efficient and transparent system of examination, evaluation and publication of Results
- Providing quality input (both for developing domain knowledge and soft skill) to students through combination lecture, print and electronic media
- Imparting training for the teachers
- Providing career development of faculty through master’s and Ph.D programs
- Offering facilities for research in frontier areas through a number of advanced centres